If you are planning to travel here are a list of things you need to do:
- Print out and read the Fit For Travel information for every country and destination you are planning to visit see www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
- Download this form - Travel Health Questionnaire - complete one form per traveller and submit them to the surgery AT LEAST 8 WEEKS BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- When you return the form we will arrange a telephone appointment in our Travel Clinic at least 6 weeks before you travel.
- A face to face appointment will be booked after your telephone consultation if any vaccinations are required.
Please telephone the surgery to make an appointment.
- If you are travelling at short notice (or leave things to the last minute!) it is unlikely that we will be able to assess the risks of your personal travel itinerary and provide you with the necessary advice or vaccines. Alternatively you can arrange a private appointment with either MASTA (0330 100 4200) or BOOTS (0345 301 4219) or look on line for other local clinics.
Some travel vaccines are not available on the NHS. These incur a charge, anti-malarial tablets that are not available for you to purchase from a pharmacy will require a private prescription which also incurs a private fee.